Cupcake Bake-Off Rules
1. No professional bakers.
2. Each contestant is required to enter at least 12 cupcakes for each entry, but more are welcome. Two cupcakes will be used for judging. Remaining cupcakes will be sold for festival proceeds. THEME: CANADA 150
3. All cupcakes must be fully baked and complete when submitted.
4. Cupcakes are to be prepared in a sanitary manner.
5. Contestants are encouraged to create a theme.
6. Each entry should be marked with a name of your baked good when you register on the day of the contest.
7. Cupcakes will be judged on taste, presentation, and innovation. Winner will be selected based on the total score from those three criteria.
8. Entries must be accompanied by the recipe used to bake it. Judges will use the recipe as part of their information for judging. Also, with your permission, the recipes will be collected for addition to the next community newsletter. If you choose not to give this permission, this will not affect whether your entry will win a prize. Cupcakes submitted without the recipe will not be entered for judging.